EasyZip | ZIP, RAR, BZ2, TAR and WinRar
EasyZip : Fast and Easy archive file viewer with many useful features. Features of EasyZip includes: archives opener and extractor, batch creation and extraction of multiple archives at once, convert files, create self-extracting archives, split and join files, strong encryption with two factor authentication, encrypted password manager, secure deletion.
EasyZip is a file archiver utility that provides an unified portable GUI for many Open Source technologies like 7-Zip, FreeArc, PAQ, UPX... free alternative to WinRar, WinZip and similar proprietary software.
- Create 7Z, ARC, BZ2, GZ, *PAQ, PEA, QUAD/BALZ, TAR, UPX, WIM, XZ, ZIP files.
- Open and extract ACE, ARJ, CAB, DMG, ISO, LHA, RAR, UDF, ZIPX files and more, over 180 archive types supported.
On the right side of application's toolbar the '+' area allows to toggle the toolbar between Archive Manager, File Manager, and Image manager.
1. While browsing the filesystem, the button adds selected files and folders to the current archive layout; before
confirming the creation of the archive with "Ok" it is possible to modify the list of objects to be archived (dragging
them or using the context menu) as well as other options, output name etc, see "Create archive" chapter for more
information.2. While browsing an existing (writeable) archive, the button brings to the archive update interface; it is possible to
add files and folders to be added to the archive as in the previous case, dragging them or using context menu.
1. Convert selected archives in the desired format (non-archive files and folders can be added as well, the difference
being in archives being extracted before compression stage). Using with "Add each object to a separate archive"
(default) it performs a mass conversion of listed archives, without that switch archive conversion is meant to
consolidate input data in a single archive, improving compression efficiency because it allows recompression of
the original data from its uncompressed form.
2. On the right of convert button, a dropdown menu similar to archiving one allows to directly start conversion operation with most common pre-set parameters.
1. While browsing the filesystem, extracts all selected archives; before conforming the extraction with 'Ok' it is
possible to modify output path and other options, and to add other archives to be extracted.
2. While browsing an archive, extracts the selected items or all the displayed items if nothing is selected, like
WinRar/7-Zip (it is possible to be sure to extract the whole archive using context menu's Extract all entry, or
clicking "Extract all" link in extraction interface); before confirming the extraction with "Ok" it is possible to modify
output path and other options.
3. Right clicking Extract button shows a menu to extract all and (when browsing archives) displayed or selected
objects, for partial extraction from archives.
4. On the right of extract button, an arrow shows a menu with functions to directly extract all the content of the archive to most common destinations without further interaction with extraction confirmation interface
1. Test selected archives for integrity.
2. On the right of test button, a submenu shows more informative functions: quick info or full listing of archive, system's file properties dialog, analysis of files and directory (showing recursively directory content and size), file checksum/hash, hexadecimal view of file content. On the bottom of the menu are featured software configured for antivirus / antimalware scan (automatically detected or as user-defined in advanced applications list).
1. Erase selected files and folders (see File Tools chapter). Inside archives it becomes "Delete from archive" button.
Please note that in booth cases the files being securely deleted, or deleted from archive, cannot be recovered
from the recycle bin.
2. On the right, an arrow shows a menu with other functions replicating some ones featured in context menu.
Extract single or multiple archives
Open an archive in EasyZip
1 :Menu "File" -> "Open archive" or just drag the archive file to the app.
Extract selected content from archive
Open an archive in EasyZip
click "Extract" in toolbar: only selected items will be extracted.
drag files and folders to the desired destination, only selected content will be extracted.
rightclick and in "Extract" group of the context menu click "Extract selected" (to extract only selected items) or "Extract displayed" (to extract content of current directory or of current search filter)
Browse or extract password protected archive
Click on the padlock icon to enter a password and optionally a keyfile. The icon is featured both in EasyZip's file browser's status bar
and in the archive extraction interface; once the password is set the icon will change colour.
Select objects to be archived and click on "Add" button; the same archive creation interface will be shown.
Add content to existing archive (write-supported formats)
1. Open an archive in EasyZip.
2. then drag files and folders to be
added in the archive (or click on "Add" button and use application's context menu to add objects to the archive). It will open the
archive creation confirmation dialog, click OK to update the existing archive.
Edit files inside existing archive (write-supported formats)
1. Open an archive in EasyZip.
2. Double click to preview desired file(s), that will be extracted to a temporary work path. If a
previewed file is modified the application will automatically ask to update archive overwriting the file with the new version.
Create encrypted archives
1. Click on the padlock icon to enter a password and optionally a keyfile; the icon is featured both in EasyZip's file browser's status bar and in archive creation interface.
2. To hide names of files and directories contained in the archive check "Encrypt also filenames", please note that it will be applied only if the archive will be created in a format supporting this function, like 7Z and ARC.
Convert single or multiple archives
Select archives to be converted and click on "Convert" on toolbar or context menu, non-archive files and folders can be added as well, the difference being in archives being extracted before compression stage. Using the "Convert existing archives" switch in conjunction with "Add each object to a separate archive" (default) it performs a mass conversion of listed archives, without that switch archive conversion is meant to consolidate input data in a single archive, improving compression efficiency because it allows recompression of the original data from its uncompressed form.